Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Dreaded January Birthday

Not really much to blog about, but I do have some feelings about January. First of all, we had a great December getting Jessica home, visiting family up north and having a great Christmas with them. Unfortunately, it's downhill from there. JANUARY!! You know I really hated January all of my adult life for assorted reasons. The biggest reason was how cold it usually was and the snow I had to deal with. Well, I can't complain so much about that now can I. The next reason was the inversions that usually set in while working in Salt Lake that made the depression even worse. Well, I can mark that off my list also. But, the biggest reason I didn't care for January is that I had to realize I was another year older. As a kid it wasn't too fun having a January birthday because no one really wanted to buy presents so soon after Christmas or celebrate so soon after New Years.

So, now that we've moved to Hurricane, I've pretty well taken are of the first two reasons I hated January. Any suggestions or remedies for the third? Let me know.

By the way, I'm working hard at learning how to work out with the Wii Fit. Haven't had this many sore muscles for ages, but I'm enjoying it (except for some of the Yoga poses, no one should be able to do THAT)! And what's with the shape of the Mii it created for me! So rude.

Happy last week of January. Looking forward to seeing Brandon, Sara, and Roxie in a couple of weeks and meeting our soon to be born baby girl Shields tomorrow or soon thereafter we hope, don't we Lesli? Well at least that baby girl will help to make me like January better.

1 comment:

Lesli said...

GRRR I'm beginning to think she will NEVER come out! Keep up the hoping though - maybe it will make things happen!